There are few things I love more than making book lists, joining reading challenges and generally acting like I know what I’m doing when really I’ve been thinking about eating pie and completely missed the directions. (<- or muffins. Muffins are delicious. Especially when paired with hot chocolate covered in whipped cream and marshmallows….. erm, what was I writing about again? Oh yes, BOOKS!)
When I spotted a bunch of blog challenges for 2017 popping up around the interwebs, I couldn’t help but bookmark them and think “Excuse for making lists?? WHY YES LET ME JOIN THEM ALL!” then promptly ignore thinking about them because I saved a ridiculous amount…. it is actually quite scary to go into that folder. So after MUCH chocolate and ice cream, I’ve decided to brave my challenges list and weed them out for the ones I might remember to keep track of over the next year. 🙂
#RockMyTBR 2017 – hosted by The YA Book Traveler
This is the challenge that started the spree…..
THE CHALLENGE: To read a minimum of 1 book per month that is currently published. You can set your own yearly goal (so it can be more than 1), but the purpose is to work through our mountainous peaks of books.
MY GOAL: 24 books (half from my purchased TBR, the other from my library TBR)
OTHER FACTORS: The founder really encourages finding others who want to read the same books and to set up buddy reads, so I’m posting my list of 24 books here in case anyone wants to read them with me! (*insert puppy dog eyes* I SWEAR I AM A WONDERFUL BUDDY READER TO FLAIL WITH) We also get to use the wonderful #rockmytbr tag to find everyone’s related posts.
KEEPING ON TRACK: Post an update once a month of where you are. (My goal is to start a monthly wrap up series at the end of January that’ll include this).
MY LIST: Do you want to read any of these???????? (In no particular order…)
- Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas
- Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen
- Of Dreams and Rust by Sarah Fine
- The Dragon Lords: Fools Gold by Jon Hollins
- The Travelling Tea Shop by Belinda Jones
- Walk on Earth a Stranger by Rae Carson
- Heartless by Marissa Meyer
- The Shadow Queen by C.J Redwine
- Passenger by Alexandra Bracken
- The House of Scorpion by Nancy Farmer
- Shadow Magic by Joshua Khan
- Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo
- And Only to Deceive by Tasha Alexander
- Caleb’s Crossing by Geraldine Brooks
- Code Name Komiko by Naomi Paul
- Copperhead by Tina Connolly
- The Devil in the White City: murder, magic and madness at the fair that changed America by Erik Larson
- Dogtripping: 25 rescues, 11 volunteers, and 3 RVs on our canine cross-country adventure by David Rosenfelt
- Hemlock by Kathleen Peacock
- The Island House by Posie Graeme-Evans
- The Queen of the Tearling by Erika Johansen
- The queen’s vows: a novel of Isabella of Castile by C.W. Gortner
- Read my pins: Stories from a Diplomat’s Jewel Box by Madeleine K Albright
- Wildwood Dancing by Juliet Marillier
Bookish Bingo 2016-2017 – hosted by Pretty Deadly Reviews
THE CHALLENGE: To get as many bingos as possible. You can only use each book once (so a cover buy Urban Fantasy can only count for one). This runs December, January and February. At the end of January I’ll post where I am, but here is the blank one. I’ll post my December books here shortly. 🙂
THE CHALLENGE: From January 1st-December 31st, the goal is to simply read as many diverse books as you can/want. They have created suggested themes per month, but you aren’t required to read a book from each theme or even to read 12 or more books. There is also a list of title ideas for each theme to help get you started picking.
MY GOAL: To read at least one book per monthly theme.