Hosted by the Broke and the Bookish
Today’s Top Ten Tuesday topic is an all audio freebie, which almost sent me back into my book dragon cave to hide. No matter what I do, audiobooks always = nap time. (I have tried. Really really really, eaten all of the chocolate and drank all of the coffee, tried to stay awake and failed miserably).
Therefore, this list may be slightly shorter than 10 – these are the stupendously amazing, electrifying audiobooks that DID NOT send me to sleep!*
*Note: this may not mean they won’t send you to sleep. They somehow bribed the sleep gremlins in my brain into behaving, but that could have been a fluke. Everyone’s sleep gremlins are different!
How To Train Your Dragon (books 1-8) by Cressida Cowell
READ BY DAVID TENNANT
* cough * * cough * Apparently, I forgot about this series. Everyone needs to listen to these audiobooks. YES YOU! I PROMISE YOU WILL NOT BE SORRY!! (nor will you fall asleep)
Why? Here’s an easy peasy list:
- David Tennant is amazing.
- If for some reason that does not convince you – David Tennant does an insane range of voices (as in EPICALLY DIFFERENT FROM EACH OTHER, how is he not killing his vocal chords?!?!?! type of range)
- There’s jaunty Viking music in between chapters.
- Yes, you can imagine David Tennant in a Viking helmet singing a Viking lullaby and not be far off the mark of what these audiobooks are like.
- Did I mention there are dragons?
- Snarky dragons
- The character names are hilarious: ex. Hiccup Horrendous Haddock III
- It is NOT the same as the movie!
- The audiobooks are super short (under 3 hours usually – which could be a negative because see points 1-7)
- It’s amazing and you NEED IT IN YOUR LIFE!
There are a few other audiobooks that have not sent me to sleep, but now all I want to do is re-listen to this series!
What audiobooks have you enjoyed listening to? Do you love snarky dragons and David Tennant too?